This week at USG

This week at USG, Blue Key President Rachel May addressed the body regarding the situation the MTU branch of Blue Key Honor Society is currently facing. Historically, Blue Key operates with an organizational body of around 50 members. Since the pandemic, participation has decreased, negatively impacting many of the operations Blue Key is responsible for, such as Winter Carnival. Students starting the upcoming fall semester at second year status with a 3.0 GPA or higher are encouraged to apply for membership. 

Resolution 2021-2022 #003 regarding increasing the minimum wage for full-time employees to $15 an hour was debated. The primary discussion came from the desire to support wage increases for part-time student employees simultaneously, as opposed to solely full-time professional staff. 

The body discussed ways to support students affected by the recent Shelden Avenue fire. Students can expect further information in following weeks.

Students are encouraged to continue voting on USG’s constitution. 113 signatures are still required in order to pass the amendments made. To vote, please visit the USG Involvement Link

If you have any questions or concerns for USG please email USG President Zachary Olson at usg-president@mtu.edu or fill out the form on their website.