Running for a cause: Tau Trot 5K with Alpha Sigma Tau and Phi Kappa Tau

Members of Alpha Sigma Tau sorority and Phi Kappa Tau fraternity are once again gearing up to host their annual Tau Trot Philanthropy 5K, scheduled for Apr. 13. The event promises not only a day of fitness and fun, but also a chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others.

The Tau Trot is set to kick off at 11 a.m. from the Phi Kappa Tau house. Participants are encouraged to arrive early for check-in starting at 10 a.m. The route will start at the Phi Kappa Tau house in Hancock and finish in front of the Alpha Sigma Tau house on College Avenue.

What sets this event apart is not just the spirit of friendly competition, but also its mission. All proceeds will be evenly divided between two amazing organizations: Girls on the Run and the SeriousFun Network. 

Girls on the Run is a national non-profit organization dedicated to empowering young girls from third to eighth grade. Through carefully designed programs, they aim to enhance girls’ social, emotional, physical, and behavioral skills, giving them the tools they need to navigate life’s challenges with confidence.

The Serious Fun Network is also a non-profit organization for critically ill children and their families. With a global network of 30 camps and programs, they provide free recreational experiences to children facing serious illnesses. These programs offer not only a break from the daily difficulties these children encounter, but also a chance for them to laugh, play, and simply be kids, even in the face of adversity.

By participating in the Tau Trot and supporting these worthy causes, runners and donors are not only investing in their own health, but also in the well-being of others who need it. Every step taken and every dollar raised contributes to making a real difference in the lives of those who need it most.

For those looking to lend their support, it is $25 to register at the link below. So lace up those running shoes, mark your calendars, and join Alpha Sigma Tau and Phi Kappa Tau in their mission to make a positive impact, one stride at a time. Runners and donors can use this link to contribute:  https://ast.crowdchange.co/39383.