World’s Fair – Annual Spring Fling returns this week

With finals week coming up, some may be looking to take a short break before they get buried in studying for their exams. For this reason, student organizations hold different events towards the end of the semester, and some just before finals week. This week there is a campus wide event happening that all students are welcome to get involved in. 

This coming Friday, Apr. 12, the Memorial Union Board (MUB) is hosting their annual Spring Fling from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. If there is inclement weather, this event will be held in the MacInnes Student Ice Arena at the SDC. Otherwise, this event will be spread across all of the main campus, with many student organizations set up around the Husky Statue. 

There will be various student organizations hosting a variety of activities. According to the MTU Student Scoop, “There will be all sorts of activities including tie-dying & caricatures, free catered food, plenty of giveaways, and more!” If any of these or similar activities interest you, be sure to stop by during the given time. 

Students can also use this opportunity to learn more about the different student organizations on campus. According to the Student Leadership and Involvement website, “It is also a time for organizations to recruit new members and let the campus know why they exist!” If you attend the event and find a group that interests you, be sure to ask them any questions you have. 

For more information on the event, check out:involvement.mtu.edu/event/9934063 or check out the Student Leadership & Involvement website: tinyurl.com/2fzcuhx.k If you have further questions, make sure to email mubboard@mtu.edu.