Mont Ripley cuts back its hours as the season winds down

As the ski season winds down, Mont Ripley is reducing its hours to reflect the changing weather and dwindling snow conditions. Starting March 6, Mont Ripley will be closed Monday through Thursday, and their Friday hours will change from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and their Saturday and Sunday hours remaining from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. This shift signals the beginning of the value season, where it is harder to maintain the conditions of the slopes and fewer people visit. Despite the shorter operating hours, Mont Ripley continues to offer skiing, snowboarding, and tubing for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy during the remaining weeks of the season.

The reduction in operating hours at Mont Ripley presents a challenge for students looking to hit the slopes during the week. With Monday through Thursday now closed, students’ opportunities for skiing and snowboarding are limited to the weekends. This change may make it more difficult for students to find time in their schedules to enjoy outdoor winter activities, especially as the season draws to a close.

As the transition to the value season approaches, students should seize the opportunity to hit the slopes a few more times before the season ends. With Mont Ripley’s reduced hours from March 6th onwards, it becomes even more crucial for students to plan their visits wisely and take advantage of the available skiing and snowboarding time on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Whether it’s a short night session on Friday or a full day of snow sports on the weekend, students can make the most of the remaining weeks of the season by embracing the winter at Mont Ripley before it’s time to bid farewell to another season of winter activities.

For more information visit mtu.edu/mont-ripley/