Success Coaching at Michigan Tech

Many academic resources offered at Michigan Tech go unnoticed by the students. Most Huskie know about the learning centers and the professor’s different office hours, but how many students have heard about the success coaches trained and ready to help them? Success coaches offer help with study skills, meeting new friends, joining organizations, and succeeding in time management. They can be found in room 154 of the Administration building. Appointments can be made by going on their website Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success, and walk-ins are welcomed on Mondays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays to Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sundays from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m.. Whether or not you have a packed schedule, they make it easy to meet with them when needed. 

All students are welcome to use this resource. Success coaches are incredibly beneficial when the students feel overwhelmed during the semester, and they even aid with preventing that inevitable overwhelming feeling we all experience. Environmental engineering major and Success Coach Arlethia Bell says, “I usually say we are life coaches for students; we often get undergraduates only, but graduate students are welcome as well.” It is evident that all are welcomed. 

So if you ever find yourself in need of help that simply cannot be found by only going to learning centers or office hours, always remember that success coaches are ready and able to help you whenever you need. Contact success@mtu.edu for more information or to book an appointment– they are here to help you.