Move Out Day approaches for Huskies

As the end of the spring semester approaches, it’s time to start planning for Move Out Day, which will take place on April 29. While students can move out in advance, this is the latest they will be allowed to stay without a late fee. It is essential that all students vacate their rooms by 12 p.m. on that day, and ensure that they clean out their entire space. This includes moving all of their belongings outside the room, including personal items and trash. 

In preparation for Move Out Day, students must schedule a final room check-out appointment with their Resident Assistant before April 29. As Move Out Day draws closer, the availability of slots for room check-out will become limited, so it’s important to schedule the appointment as soon as possible. 

Michigan Tech Housing recommends that students make sure they are ready to leave, including making plans to move out and packing all of their belongings. They state that “It is important to start planning your move out process now in order to make the transition as smooth as possible!”. 

For Huskies that plan on staying late or staying over the summer, there are additional forms that will need to be filled out. These can be found on the housing website. According to housing, “Applications must be submitted at least one week prior to your contract start date to be considered.” 

Finally, it’s important to note that quiet hours will start on April 22 and continue until April 28 at 12 p.m. During this time, any individuals in on-campus dorms or apartments are expected to not have any audible noise outside their rooms.