Get ready to battle at the Lego Build-Off

MUB Board is hosting a Lego Build-Off in which teams of three to five people compete against each other to create Lego masterpieces. Each team is given 90 minutes and 800 of the same Lego pieces to build their creations. 

At the end of the building period, participants will vote on their favorite piece that is not their own. Each person on the winning team gets a prize. 

Third year Computer Science major Tyler Poirier is chair of MUB Board’s Fun and Games Committee. This committee is in charge of planning interactive events around campus, such as Lego Build-Off. Their events typically include a physically competitive element, such as sports matches or tournaments. Other events they have put on this school year include the Carnival on Walker Lawn and Casino Night in the MUB Ballroom. 

Compared to these events, the Lego Build-Off has a slightly different atmosphere, as it is less physically demanding and more artistic. 

“We like to have a variety in the types of events we run,” Poirier said. “We landed on Lego Build-Off for a non-physical creative event for participants to come up with something with their friends.” 

As for the prizes, the Fun and Games Committee worked diligently to settle on a prize that was curated towards the event itself. 

“The team whose build gets the most votes will win a Lego set for each team member,” Poirier said. 

Michigan Tech provides the perfect atmosphere and student body for an event like Lego Build-Off. The mix of engineers and other technological majors can result in creative, attractive, and structurally sound builds. 

“We’re excited to see what Tech students can come up with at Lego Build-Off!” Tyler said. 

More information about Lego Build-Off and other MUB Board events can be found on their Instagram, Facebook, and Involvement Link.