This week at USG

This week at USG, Undergraduate Dean and Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Southerland addressed the body regarding his recent message offering support and acknowledgement to Ukrainian and Russian students here at Michigan Tech. Support services are available not only for students directly impacted but also for those experiencing stress triggered by the conflict. 

USG President Zach Olson updated the body on the continuing work regarding Fall Break. Legislation was agreed on and will be introduced to implement Fall Break for the upcoming and subsequent fall semesters. President Olson remarked that “they are on a time crunch… but the outlook is positive.” President Olson will also be representing USG in the annual Society of Intellectual Sisters (SIS) Bra show at 7 p.m. on April 2 in the MUB Ballroom. The theme this year is Mardi Gras.

In response to USG’s most recent budgetary activity, Financial Advisor to USG Mark Holmgren spoke to USG members about three important questions one should ask themselves when considering potential budgetary changes. These questions are as follows: 

1. What is the impact of this change?
  2. Can we afford this?
  3. Are there alternatives?

If you have any questions or concerns for USG please email USG President Zachary Olson at usg-president@mtu.edu or fill out the form on their website.