Upcoming USG nominations

The undergraduate student body received an email on Monday, Jan. 24 from the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) President, Zach Olson. The email covered how the board will support Registered Student Organizations (RSO)s in Spring 2022.

Officers and the position of At Large Representative will be open for nomination between Feb. 7 and Feb. 13. Officer positions include: President, currently held by Zach Olson (usg-president@mtu.edu), Vice President, currently held by Ethan Gerds (usg-vice-president@mtu.edu), Treasurer, currently held by Zbigniew Bell (usg-treasureru@mtu.edu), and Secretary, currently held by Cheyenne Scott (usg-secretary@mtu.edu). Along with their E-Board position, officers take on committee roles, as well as sitting as liaisons to other meetings that happen on campus.

The At Large Representative is a role on the governing board that represents all of the student body, being the voice for students as a whole, rather than breaking them up by class ranking. To fulfill a full government board there is a second round of nominations for the representative positions, happening from Feb. 28 to March 13. Representative positions include First-Year Representatives, Second-Year Representatives, Third-Year Representatives, and Fourth-Year Representatives. To fill representative positions, there is an average of three students per representative position but that number can fluctuate per year. The nominations this spring will be for Second, Third, and Fourth-Year Representatives, whereas First-Year Representative elections will be in the fall with the incoming freshman class.

If you are interested in being nominated and joining USG, consider attending a weekly meeting, occurring on Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. in the MUB Alumni Lounge or emailing the USG secretary at usg-secretary@mtu.edu