Soccer: Your weekly updated soccer round up

This past week was another exciting one for teams around Europe as the teams in England, notably Chelsea FC, Manchester United, Southampton FC, and Tottenham Hotspurs learned their fate about the semi-final for one of the most prestigious trophies in the history of English football, the FA Cup. Manchester United who won the trophy on 12 occasions booked their spot in the semi-final by beating Brighton & Hove Albion 2-0, courtesy of goals from Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic. They’ll go against a highly spirited Spurs side, who cruised past the league strugglers Swansea City thanks to a delightful brace from Christian Eriksen a goal coming from Erik Lamela on the edge of half time. Meanwhile Chelsea FC overcame a determined Leicester City with Alvaro Morata and Pedro registering their names on the scoresheet. However, it was N’golo Kante who had the best time on his return to his former club, proving to play an important role in the victory of his current team over his former. They’ll face Southampton who brought in the former Stoke City manager Mark Hughes to lead the charge and were quickly rewarded with a 2-0 victory over Wigan Athletic.

Meanwhile, the fate of Champions League Quarter Finals was revealed with FC Barcelona taking on AS Roma over the two legs while the retaining champions Real Madrid CF face the reigning Italian Champions Juventus FC. Sevilla FC face FC Bayern while the world gets to witness an all-classic English Quarter Final when Manchester City collide with Liverpool FC.