Physics — The only science?

What is science? In simple words, it is the understanding of how surroundings work and using that to create tools for a purpose. Physics is the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. By mentioning physics, I am trying to include every subject that involves science be it chemistry or biology or anything else. Even Mathematics is said to be the language of Physics. From understanding the atom to the heavenly bodies of the universe we need the knowledge of physics. Hence, physics is very important in our life. Every single happening inside or outside of our body can be logically explained through science with studies related to different fields which are just classifications of the actual physics.

I remember a famous quote from Ernest Rutherford – “All science is either physics or stamp collecting.” This quote from the early 20th century literally meant that engineering, medicine, geology, etc. are all different branches of the same tree just like there are different types of stamps with various sizes, shapes and colors, but they have the same purpose. You take any field and it all originates from physics.

Anyways, it’s not about whether physicists dominate over others or that its stretch is dominant at all. Through this article, I want to focus on an altogether different dimension whose existence is yet to be sought by me. When we say physics, we restrict ourselves to the physical boundaries of nature. Right now, the conclusions of modern science are dependent on the perception of the physical. Somewhere, we have reached a stage wherein a substance’s existence requires to be proved. If it clears the experiments, then its presence is valued otherwise it is still imaginary or hypothetical. Still, today’s tools are not completely sufficient to measure the depths of the universe or what the human body is capable of.
We are trying to bring down everything to physicality making physicality supreme. In this vast cosmos, physical is barely a speck. It is a splotch in the vastness of nothingness.

Here ‘nothing’ means ‘no-thing’. Which means there is something but it is not objective. Today, scientists also believe that this vast emptiness in the universe is actually not empty but some powerful entity or energy that, for now, is beyond perception. This energy has been termed as dark energy by the physicists. This existence of such a thing has already been mentioned in the ancient Indian science called Yogic science. This presence of energy has been addressed as ‘Shi-va’, a Sanskrit word for ‘that which is not’, around 10,000 years ago.
The way our sensory organs function is the very way we think our physical experience is superior. Our five senses are enough for our survival but over the last few centuries the progress of the mankind seems to have escalated by an unprecedented margin and doesn’t seem to stop.

These actions of man are nothing but expressions of limitless expansion that he is trying to seek. Spiritual leaders across the globe, whose actions are governed by the yogic science, say that for a man to seek limitless expansion he must think beyond physical boundaries. The physical world is always governed by comparisons. The man has always wanted to touch the infinite. But that which is physical has to have a boundary. If someone feels they’ve become big enough, someone bigger comes around, and that person looks smaller in comparison. However, touching a dimension beyond physical and reaching your true core allows you to experience life without boundaries. You can’t keep counting one, two, three and reach infinity as it would be an endless effort. Making your life run with ease by being fully aware of how your body and mind work can truly be the sign of boundless expansion.

Although I cannot be sure about the existence of such an illimitable thing, but the penchant to know that will certainly be there.