Sidelines: This is not an article about kneeling for the national anthem

Because there are so many better things to talk about.

First, obvious things. Puerto Rico, a US territory, is completely without power. US citizens do not have access to food, water or medical supplies that they need to survive. Not to mention rebuilding infrastructure for the entire island.
We just had another record-breaking shooting in Las Vegas. More than 500 people injured and more than 50 killed. One of our major political parties seems to think that any limitation on gun ownership is tyranny and won’t even have a discussion.

But hey, maybe we want to keep it on sports.

The NBA is changing its All-Star Game format. No more East vs West. Instead, two elected captains are going to draft from the entire League. It’s fantasy basketball played out on the court.

The MLB post-season got started this week with Twins-Yankees, and as a Twins fan, that’s awesome even if we do lose which is basically guaranteed to happen. We made it this far, and that’s not the norm for Minnesota teams. Go team.
But let’s say all you want to talk about is the NFL. There’s still an absurd amount of news.

We’re a quarter of the way through the season, and there are a couple of teams doing exceptionally well. The fact that anyone has the Lions at number six in a power ranking is big news.

The Chiefs are the only 4-0 team in the league with their explosive offense. Fifty-one percent pass completion, best in the league, and on a tough schedule too.
But of course, Fox News has eight articles about players kneeling on their front page.

The most important thing we’re forgetting about in all these nonsense? What those players are protesting in the first place.