KSI Accounting Club opens doors to opportunities

The Kappa Sigma Iota (KSI) Accounting Club can be a gateway to numerous opportunities for students looking to build upon their resumes or network with professionals. With their emphasis on professional development, networking, and hands-on experiences, the club gives students the tools they need to thrive in the competitive field of accounting. Led by President Madison Mattila and Vice President Henry Basala, the club is always searching for new members.

The core of KSI’s mission is its commitment to providing valuable experiences for its members. Mattila highlights the club’s biweekly general meetings and guest speakers as key components. These meetings often feature alumni in large accounting firms or other career paths relevant to students’ goals. Mattila emphasized, “Our club’s network and primary purpose is to connect accounting students with Big Four accounting firms and other large companies since other career-centered events on campus aren’t typically business or accounting-focused.”

The group recently secured a meeting with representatives from BDO USA, a global accounting, tax, and advisory firm known for its professional services spanning across the United States as well as internationally. As the fifth-largest accounting firm worldwide, BDO USA offered a glimpse into the traveling opportunities of accounting,  with business in many countries outside of the United States. These companies are constantly seeking out students who show exceptional drive and initiative, making the club a great place to strengthen these qualities. 

Henry Basala, Vice President of the club, shared his experience, saying, “My favorite part is connecting with the biggest firms in the world, fostering valuable relationships and opportunities for our members.” Such connections open priceless opportunities to internships and relationships that might otherwise be unachievable. 

As the semester progresses, the club continues looking for new members, helping students become the best that they can be. For more information, see the clubs website: https://www.mtu.edu/business/undergraduate/organizations/student-organizations/kappa-sigma-iota/.