New Club Highlight: The Juggling Club at MTU

There’s a new registered student organization at Michigan Tech this year: The Juggling Club of MTU. Everyone, regardless of skill level, is welcome to join and attend the weekly meetings. At these meetings, members will be taught how to juggle if they cannot already, while more experienced jugglers can further hone their skills and learn more advanced techniques. 

The club itself was founded by Walker Schumann, the standing President of the club, and a couple of his friends. It unofficially began at last semester’s K-Day on a whim after discovering a club of its kind did not already exist. According to Schumann, shortly before leaving for K-Day, he brought with him some juggling balls, his unicycle, and an empty box of Dr. Thunder, on which he wrote “Juggling Club.” By the end, Schumann went home with about 50 signatures and emails, determined to make this club a reality. 

Schumann says he has “big plans for [the club]” and several “big aspirations” and ideas on how to boost awareness and bring in more members. These ideas include using black and yellow balls while executing juggling tricks on the sidelines of sporting events, performing at the Rozsa and even gathering a large number of people to juggle together in the hopes of setting a world record. 

The Juggling Club at MTU currently meets once a week on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Wadsworth Hall G41W. Those interested can find information on Involvement Link or by reaching out to Schumann directly at weschuma@mtu.edu.