What’s new with The Lode

As the newspaper staff grows, so does our publication. We have a lot of new things brewing for this semester, including a new website, two new managerial staff members, six Lode TV episodes, and crewneck sweatshirts soon to be released! 

Our new website is being created by SmartCreative, a local marketing company that has been working diligently on modernizing our website to be a more accurate representation of the newspaper. Be on the lookout for the new website at the beginning of February!

The Lode is also wrapping up the hiring process for two new managerial staff members. We are welcoming two students into our organization as Layout, Design, and Copy Editor and Media Editor. These positions are crucial for the growth of our paper, and will help The Lode as we push forward into 2024.

As many of you already know, we also produce video segments called Lode TV that compliment our newspaper format. This semester, we are excited to produce six episodes with the help of our new Media Editor position. There will be a Winter Carnival episode, of course, and multiple exciting segments throughout the semester.

Finally, we will be releasing crewnecks available for purchase! We distributed the crewnecks to members of our group, and they were a huge hit. More information about where you can purchase our crewnecks will be out soon.