Velodrome Coffee coming soon to Library Cafe

A new Velodrome Coffee location will open on Mar. 4, in the library café at Michigan Tech as part of the establishment’s expansion plans.

Velodrome Coffee Company is a locally owned café and roastery based out of Marquette. They offer specialty coffee, tea, sandwiches, waffles, and baked goods. The new site in Houghton will offer the same menu and service as their current locations in Marquette and Ishpeming. Renovations to the café will take place during MTU’s spring break.

“Fast. Simple. Fresh.” is the motto at Velodrome, and owner Brice Sturmer plans to bring that experience to Michigan Tech as well. Sturmer says, “We’re incredibly excited for this unique opportunity to be able to serve the MTU student body and the greater Houghton Community as well.”

This will be the company’s third location, and they say that customers can expect the same level of quality as their other locations. The other two locations are in Marquette and Ishpeming, and Velodrome hints that the MTU location will have “…some much later hours.”

Velodrome is currently looking to hire several baristas for both part-time and full-time positions on campus. They are offering shared-cost health insurance, paid sick leave, and annual wage increases for all employees. In addition to these benefits, full-time employees are also eligible for paid time off, commissions, and bonuses.

If interested in applying or learning more about Velodrome, visit their website at velodromecoffeecompany.com.

One Response

1. Super excited for this – velodrome is always a stop for me in Marquette, so it’ll be great to have them here. Really great quality coffee that also supports farmers. should be a nice step up from Starbucks. Plus, more food.