Break bus updates

The USG announced that the Wis./Chicago break bus will be running for students during Thanksgiving break. Ticket sales for the new break bus went live on Thursday, Oct. 26 at 5 p.m. The bus will leave campus on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 8 a.m. and will make stops at Rhinelander, Stevens Point, Madison, Rockford, Chicago, and the O’Hare International Airport. The bus will make its way back to campus starting at the O’Hare Airport on Sunday, Nov. 26 at 8 a.m. and will make stops at the previous locations. The tickets cost $138.25 and they will stop being sold on Monday, Nov. 13 at 5 p.m. Those who purchase tickets will also have to sign a waiver by Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 5 p.m. Tickets for the break bus can be found on the USG Eventbrite page.

The USG also chartered a third bus to lower Michigan due to high demand from students and tickets selling out within hours. USG Representative for the College of Sciences and Arts and Chair of the Events Committee,  Cole Pierueki, said, “The Lower Michigan break bus tickets sold out in under three hours, which is unprecedented from what I’ve seen.” Pierucki thinks the large demand for these tickets is due to better communication with students and increased word of mouth about the service. Tickets for the Lower Michigan break bus will first be offered to those on the waitlist. Any tickets still available afterward will be open to the public for sale. Pierucki was satisfied with the process of chartering these additional buses. He said that Lamers, the bus company, has been very accommodating during the process of chartering new

buses and setting the routes. He said, “It seems complicated, but the process went very smoothly.” Any additional questions about the break bus can be sent to usg@mtu.edu.