Mont Ripley Fall Color Tour

As the fall season approaches its peak, Mont Ripley gears up for its final weekend of fall color tours. The final round of tours will take place on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 14 and 15, from 12-6:30 p.m. The tours will begin at the base of Mont Ripley, where viewers will ride the chairlift to the top of the ski hill and witness the spectacular fall colors along the way. 

Tickets will be $10 for adults, $8 for Tech students with IDs, and free for children 10 and under. All proceeds from the color tours will be used for Mont Ripley chair lift improvements, Mont Ripley’s Volunteer Ski Patrol, and the new Copper Country Snowsports Club. 

Timing is everything, and the last weekend of tours will offer peak foliage viewage. Not only will you witness a sea of vibrant colors, but the chairlift ride will also offer a unique birdseye perspective of the picturesque landscape. According to Nick Sirdenis, the General Manager of Mont Ripley, “looking down on the lift bridge and the canal, mixed in with a small quaint town like Houghton with the colors in the background is stunning.” The chairlift will bring viewers to the top of the hill, where they can walk around and enjoy the sights. When the viewers are ready to head back, they can take the lift back down the ski hill.

Fall colors or not, the view always remains captivating. As Nick Sirdenis says, “simply put, the view from the top of Mont Ripley is beautiful no matter what time of the year.” With the fiery reds and rustic oranges added to the view, get ready to take some breathtaking pictures. 

The Color Tour rides are weather dependent, so dates and times may be subject to change. To learn more about the tours, please visit: https://events.mtu.edu/event/fall_color_tour_4320.