Copper Country Humane Society to host “Raise the Woof Comedy Show” in Rozsa

The Copper Country Humane Society is hosting the “Raise the Woof Comedy Show” Saturday, Jan. 21, in the Rozsa Center. The show will begin at 8:00 pm, with doors opening at 7:30. Tickets are currently available online on the Humane Society website for $20 each or $30 for two. Tickets will be available at the door, but will be $20 each. Opening the show is Rick Logan, and the headliner is Jeff Pfoser, both Minnesota natives. The show is sponsored by Houghton County Broadcasting, Superior Block, 906 Vapor and Portage Lake Construction. The sponsors are covering all expenses, meaning that the Humane Society is not putting any money towards the event. Also, all ticket sales and proceeds will go directly to the Humane Society. “All towards shelter animals,” said Shelter Manager Becki Clouthier when asked what the funds raised would go towards. The Humane Society operates as a “no time limits” shelter for cats and dogs, and entirely relies on fundraising events, such as this, and private donations to provide care for  over 900 animals that move through their facility each year. In addition to efforts like the comedy show, the shelter hosts various other fundraising events throughout the year and aids in coordinating vaccination clinics for pets. In addition to shelter animal care, the Humane Society uses funds to host community outreach events to educate and provide care for animals in low-income families. Information about upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and additional ways to help can be found on their website.