Lewd special satirical article: The MEEM is shaped like a WHAT? [NOT CLICKBAIT] [GONE WRONG]

Michigan Tech has a lot of recognizable buildings; some good, some bad. We see them every day, we give them cute little nicknames, and we know some of them like the back of our hand. But, some of them are really weird. Like, really weird. Like, what was in the water in Houghton in the 60s and 70s when they redesigned campus? What kind of drugs were they on, and where can I get some to finish my physics homework?

The staff here at the Lewd knew there was a lot of discourse on campus concerning our beloved buildings, so we reached out to the Lewd community for your opinions, and boy, we were not disappointed. Take a look below for some of the best comments by students on Michigan Tech’s buildings. 

The MEEM 

“The ME-EM looks like an ugly brick d*ck. 0/10 do not recommend.” – An actual mechanical engineering student

The EERC

“It has a smell to it.” – Tall guy

Chem-Sci

“I’m sorry, who? Never heard of them.” – Everyone since their first year chemistry lab

Dow

“Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before.” – Lady Gaga

Rekhi

“The only cool part is a small room with a fake fireplace where you can smell all of the other stinky CS majors sitting in there with you.” – My housemate, a CS student

Fisher

“Rekhi’s ugly stepsister.” – Blizzard, probably

Dillman

“Dillman is disgusting. Dillman hurts. Dillman is a painful place to go into.” – Resident monkey fanatic

M&M

“Skittles are better.” – This article

Library

“Too many books that I can’t even read!” – A purple-haired dyslexic

ROTC

“I think they’re testing out the super soldier serum in there.” – Zemo, while dancing

Academic Office Building

“Actually looks like an old campus building, surprised MTU didn’t tear it down with the rest of the cool buildings.” – Someone who’s upset she never got to see Hubbell Hall

MUB

“Not sure what the other floors are for.” – Myself, genuinely curious

Administration

“I hate the government.” – Casper, an anarchist

Walker

“WHAT ARE YOU HIDING IN THAT BASEMENT?” – Everyone

Rozsa

“An American media personality, socialite, model, businesswoman, producer, and actress.” – Wikipedia

Forestry

“The atrium is worth the walk up the hill.” – Bigfoot

Wads

“Avoid the fourth floor.” – Wads resident

DHH

“Where I live out my dark academia fantasies.” – A Dead Poets Society fan

McNair

“Not worth the walk up the hill.” – Someone who fell down the McNair hill this winter

Hillside

“Don’t go in the sauna before a fire drill.” – Reliable past Hillside resident

GLRC

How does one gain access to the GLRC?” – Someone who has no idea what goes on down there

SDC

“Once you get there you’ve completed your workout.” – A disillusioned demigod

The Lewd is a biannual satirical project put together by The Lode staff, typically published the week before finals. It’s meant to help editors, writers, and photographers have fun and relieve stress. Opinions presented in these articles do not reflect The Lode values.