Michigan Tech travel restriction expanded

A community outbreak of the respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus, COVID-19, has continued to spread to multiple countries. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to closely monitor developments. At this time, the CDC has issued additional Level 3 Travel Health Notices for Italy and Iran. Currently, the CDC recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to the following countries: China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
Consistent with the CDC recommendation, Michigan Tech is issuing a University-wide travel restriction for Italy and Iran. Michigan Tech travel restrictions are also still in place for China and South Korea. The restriction applies to faculty, staff, and students. If you have essential travel scheduled to one of these countries, please contact the Office of General Counsel at 906-487-2318.
The University administration continues to monitor the situation for developments and will update the campus community as necessary. For Michigan-specific information on the coronavirus, please visit the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services webpage.
To get more information and view all updates from Michigan Tech, visit: mtu.edu/covid-19