Graduate research colloquium

To achieve perfection, we not only need a great deal of hard work towards a particular deed but along with that would need adequate practice to obtain success in it. We need to spend a large amount of time and effort to bring perfection in our deed and obtain the desired results.

The Graduate Research Colloquium organized by the Graduate Student Government of Michigan Tech provides a platform where researchers who are aiming to present their work at conferences will have the opportunity to experience a mock environment which would simulate an actual conference. In front of the research community of Michigan Tech, one would present their research work. This, along with the help of feedback from judges with expertise in similar fields, would help the presenter gain the ability to sharpen their presentation delivery in an effective way.

This event is motivated so that Master’s or PhD students get the required support which would assist them to pursue their interest in research and academia. The Graduate Research Colloquium is open to all graduate students at Michigan Tech. They can participate in this event by presenting their research ideas in an oral presentation or in the form of posters detailing their work. One can do both too. Cash prizes are available to the top 3 presenters in each category.

This year in an attempt to make the GRC accessible to all students, GSG will be covering the cost of poster printing for participants. Students would have to follow the regular procedure required to print posters in the library; they just have to mention that the required posters are for the GRC.

This year the GRC will be held on Tuesday, March 31 and Wednesday, April 1. The poster session will be held from 4:00 – 6:00 PM on March 31, while the oral presentations will take place over both days. This event is capped off by the GRC Awards Banquet on April 1. All participants and judges are invited to attend the banquet. Registration closes on March 3, at 11:59 PM. Don’t delay, register today! For full information and to register visit gsg.mtu.edu/grc.