Anaheim Ducks calles Angus Redmound

Former Michigan Tech goaltender Angus Redmond got his first NHL call-up on Monday (Feb. 25) when he served in a backup role for the Anaheim Ducks.

Redmond, 23, posted a 2.85 goals-against average and .909 save percentage in two games with the San Diego Gulls (AHL) this season. Redmond has also appeared in 17 ECHL games with Reading and South Carolina, going 5-5-6 with a .902 save percentage. The 6-2, 197-pound goaltender was signed by Anaheim as a free agent on March 31, 2017 after one season at Michigan Tech.

Redmond, a native of Langley, British Columbia, signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Ducks. He appeared in 38 games for the Huskies in 2016-17, starting the final 37. He ranked third in the country, and second in the WCHA, with a 1.85 goals-against average. He received the Norbert Matovich Memorial Award as the team’s top freshman, was named to the WCHA All-Rookie Team, and his 22 wins set a Michigan Tech record for wins by a freshman goaltender.

Redmond was called up from San Diego on an emergency basis when Ryan Miller was unavailable for Monday’s game.

Redmond appeared in 21 games between the pipes in his first pro season. After starting the 2017-18 season with the ECHL’s Utah Grizzlies, he joined the Toledo Walleye (ECHL) in late February and had a .910 save percentage in three games.

*Note: This story ran Feb. 28