The Calumet Theatre’s many attractions

Humans like to be entertained. It’s a well-known fact. There are many different things one can do to find entertainment in the modern day. Luckily, the Calumet Theatre provides many different shows and productions for the community. From monthly events to big shows, there is always something new in the Calumet Theatre.

From Nov. 3 through the 5, the Calumet Theatre will be presenting the All-School Musical’s performance of “The Little Mermaid.” It’s the classic Disney story of a young mermaid who falls in love with a human prince. She makes a deal with the sea witch for human legs despite what her father thinks and goes to the surface to find the prince. Eventually, like any other tale, the mermaid and the prince live happily ever after. The musical will be performed by local students interested in theatre. With a cast size of more than 50 people, the show is sure to be a blast. The performers have worked hard to rehearse and make the show come alive, so if you have time this weekend, it would be great to show your support. Tickets are $14 for adults and $9 for anyone in high school and under. Children 3 and under are free.

The Calumet Theatre also has its Dinner and a Movie series. Every couple of weeks there will be a screening of a different movie, along with a dinner provided by a local business. On Nov. 10, the Dinner and a Movie series will show “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” at 7:15 p.m. Dinner will be provided by Kangas’ Cafe and Catering following the move at 6 p.m. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is a film with an unusual story about a professional gunslinger, a hit man and an outlaw who are all trying to get their hands on some gold. Tickets are $22 for the dinner and the movie, $18 for the dinner only and $7 for just the movie.
Some people often wonder what locals do for entertainment up here in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Surprisingly, there’s always something going on somewhere. You just have to know where to look. The Calumet Theatre provides a good variety of things to do for all ages. To learn more about the Calumet Theatre and what is coming up, visit http://www.calumettheatre.com/#&panel1-5.