Animalistic community

Many arachnids like the black widow, brown recluse and even jumping spiders are antisocial. They even up the ante by eating their own children on occasion. Other creatures such as the Tasmanian devil often have broods of up to fifty offspring but the mother ends up only being able to provide enough nutrients to four. The black bear mother is known to leave an only child when they are born, preferring to raise twins or more rather than bothering to spend time on raising a single offspring. Things get weirder with the pipefish, a relative of the

Things get weirder with the pipefish, a relative of the seahorse, where the father – the birthing parent – will choose to deprive the embryos of nutrients to kill them off while still in the brood pouch. Scientists found that this occurred most often in matings where the female, which is the egg creator, is homelier than the male would prefer.

Needless to say after that deluge of factoids, nature is freaky. Humans, on the other hand, have the capacity for doing many heroic acts and we often see them rise from the most trying of times. Humans are said to be social creatures who rely on communication with others of our species to maintain our emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. We work together to accomplish many of our great works upon this earth. Within this social system we form communities whereby we can learn and live together, and to even help each other when times become rough. Extreme examples always can come to mind; items such as hurricanes Harvey, Irma and possibly Jose are rising to the nation’s forefront as neighbor helps neighbor in an effort to lessen the toll that these storms can take on our communities. Closer to home everyone hears the news of the neighbor helping

Extreme examples always can come to mind; items such as hurricanes Harvey, Irma and possibly Jose are rising to the nation’s forefront as neighbor helps neighbor in an effort to lessen the toll that these storms can take on our communities. Closer to home everyone hears the news of the neighbor helping neighbor in a blizzard story, where the elderly down the street gets a helping hand in shoveling snow or a truck yanks a car out of a ditch with a tow strap.

Every day we are surrounded by people caring for one another and sticking together through the toughest times. Today when we are faced by some of the gravest threats our nation faces it is now more than ever that we need to turn and face the person next to us and tell them we will be there when times get rough. We will educate each other on our different cultures, arrive at understanding across social boundaries, care for the feelings of another and ensure that we keep an eye on our people’s backs when they can’t always be looking. Long story short, if you are in a dark alley and you see some trouble, be a part of the community and find help in whatever form it presents itself.