Search for Dean of the College of Engineering

Following Senate Procedure 802.1.1, Search Procedure for College Deans, a search for a new dean of the College of Engineering has been initiated. The committee includes: Paul Bergstrom (ECE), Chair; Keat Ghee Ong (BME), Associate Chair; Thomas Co (ChE); Jake Hiller (CEE); Jon Sticklen (EF); Thomas Oommen (GMES); Paul Sanders (MSE); Ezra Bar-Ziv (MEEM); Paula Zenner (MEEM), staff representative; Nik Subotic (MTRI), at-large; Ravi Pandey (Physics), at-large; Laura Brown (CS), at-large; Matthew Rennell, undergraduate student representative; Niranjan Miganakallu, graduate student representative; and Renee Hiller (HR) serving without a vote.

During the month of March, the committee has been working on the job description and plans to have a draft available for review in the first week of April. A public forum has been scheduled for the week of April 17th. Details regarding the job description and public comment will be forthcoming; please watch Tech Today for this information.

Following is the committee’s general timeline for the remainder of the search process:

– First week of April: Draft position description posted for faculty, student, and staff comments and feedback.

– Week of April 17th: Public Forum to discussion draft position description and take comments and feedback from faculty, students, and staff.

– First week of May 2017: Final position description approved and posted to the Human Resources Hiring site, first advertising and broad public communication of the position opening.

– First week of October 2017: Target application date for full consideration of submitted package.

– November 2017 to January 2018: Interviews conducted.

– March 2018: New dean announced.