Deadline for graduation application approaches

The deadline to apply for graduation takes place next week (Week 10) for those graduating in Spring 2025, regardless of whether you plan to attend commencement. 

There are many benefits to submitting your application as soon as possible. According to Degree Services, one big reason is that “having your application in by Week 10 of the semester prior to graduation gives enough time for graduation and commencement to be celebratory instead of anxiety-inducing.” They also added, “Having your application done before your final semester begins also ensures you show up on your advisor’s radar to double-check your audit at the beginning of your final semester and adds you to emails regarding exact dates for ordering regalia and guest tickets.” 

Though this is not a hard deadline, there are associated risks with delaying your application to graduate. According to Degree Services, some of those risks include your name being omitted from the commencement website, limited access to commencement tickets for friends and family, and increased costs for regalia. 

Week 10 as the deadline was strategically chosen, as according to Degree Services, “Week 10 usually falls within registration, which lets you run your audit, check for any required courses which may have been overlooked, and still have time to register for anything missed (check that co-curricular section!) in your graduating semester.” 

The application for graduation can be found on Banweb (Students > Student Records > Apply to Graduate > Start Here). If you have any further questions you are encouraged to reach out to degree services at degree@mtu.edu.