Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Campus Introductions; Nursing

MTU’s undergraduate nursing program aims to prepare students to enter the growing market for nursing jobs through a combination of hands-on and in-class learning.

The recently completed H-STEM houses many of the advanced facilities like the school’s Anatomage Table, which allows interaction with virtual human anatomy, and HAL simulations, which mimic a patient’s life functions in a variety of scenarios, both used for teaching in the program.

The curriculum incorporates firsthand nursing experience through clinical opportunities with hospitals spread across the UP for more specialized aspects of medicine. Students work and learn through all areas of care to prepare them for professional medical practice. 

The program’s small size allows for one of its most unique aspects, the academic family system. Upperclassmen and underclassmen are grouped into families, which builds community inside and outside of class. This provides incoming students with the support and mentorship of peers who have been where they are now, while keeping more senior students in touch with earlier material.

Nursing also has a different application process from other degrees. Prospective students can either apply for pre-nursing and transfer to the main program the following semester, or apply for direct admission by completing the pre-nursing application and prerequisites before their high school graduation.