Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

USG swears in new representatives

On Wednesday, Oct. 2, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) had a meeting where they appointed four new members to the USG body. 

The first new member to be appointed was Rylan Feierabend, a first-year from Central Minnesota who is majoring in Engineering Management. When asked why he would like to be a part of the USG body, he said “I like to be involved… I want to help everybody and make the on-campus experience for everyone to be as good as possible.” Feierabend was appointed as a Residential Representative in a 15-0-1 vote. 

Ford Schoonover was the second new member of the USG to be appointed in a 15-0-1 vote as the College of Engineering Representative. Schoonover is a first-year Mechatronics Major with a business minor from metro Detroit. When asked why he would like this position, Schoonover stated, “I really like being in these positions where I am able to help people and I have the power and resources to lend a helping hand and make things happen.” 

The third appointment to the USG Body as the College of Sciences and Arts Representative was Nathan Lithgow. Lithgow is a first-year from the Detroit area who is planning on triple majoring in Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science. When asked why he would like to be a part of the USG he stated “I was involved a lot in high school and I want to continue to be involved.” Lithgow was appointed in a 15-0-1 vote. 

Coleton Wilczynski was the final new member of the USG to be appointed as the College of Computing Representative in a 15-0-1 vote. Wilczynski is a first year Computer Science major from Bay County, Michigan. When asked why he would like this position, Wilczynski said, “I know a lot of people in the College of Computing and I’ve heard a lot of their interests… I think I can do a really good job at representing them and getting their voices heard.” 

If you are interested in attending USG meetings, they are held weekly in the Alumni Lounge of the Memorial Union Building from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays. For more information, visit the USG website at www.usgatmtu.mtu.edu/.