Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Upcoming Fall Color Ski Lift Tour at Mont Ripley

An opportunity to experience some “Ripley Magic” is upcoming with the Fall Colors Tour at Mont Ripley happening the first two weekends of October. 

Mont Ripley is preparing to hold its annual Fall Colors Tour. With one ticket, you will get one round-trip ride on the chair lift to the top of Mont Ripley. Mont Ripley Guest Services Supervisor Melissa Williamson said, “The tour takes you on a ride of the Copper Hoist Chair Lift to the top of Mont Ripley where you’ll get off of the lift and be free to walk around and take in the views.” Once on top of Mont Ripley, you can stay as long as the chair lift is still running before coming back down.

The tours will be open on Oct. 4 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Oct. 5 and Oct. 6 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., and Oct. 12 and Oct. 13 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Ticket prices will be $13 for adults, $10 for Michigan Tech students with Tech ID, and free for children ten and under. The proceeds from the color tours will benefit Mont Ripley chair lift improvements, Mont Ripley’s Volunteer Ski Patrol, and the new Copper Country Snowsports Club. 

The two weeks in October that the tours are running are the peak viewing window for the vibrant fall colors in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. According to Chris Maxson, the Manager of Health and Safety at Michigan Tech and Mont Ripley, “It’s not even just the colors, it’s gorgeous. You’re looking down the canal both directions, so you get views of the Huron Mountains… beautiful views of the bridge and Michigan Tech. It’s really just amazing to be outside and to have that experience.” If there is inclement weather, the rides may be postponed; however, if there are cancellations, there is a chance for tour dates on Oct. 19 and 20.

The Fall Colors Tour offers a great opportunity to take in the stunning fall scenery while supporting local projects at Mont Ripley. For more information, feel free to visit the events page at events.mtu.edu/event/fall-color-tours-at-mont-ripley