Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Keweenaw Color Run 2024 brings color and Fall festivities to the Keweenaw

The Keweenaw Color Run, presented by the Keweenaw Young Professionals, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Houghton Waterfront Pier in downtown Houghton. The event offers an untimed 5k walk or run through a colorful, family-friendly course, created for students, parents, professors, and anyone else interested in participating. Registration is open online until Oct. 4 and in-person from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. on race day, with fees ranging from $0 to $20 depending on age group. The race begins at 9:30 a.m. and finishes at 11:00 a.m. The race will be followed by the Annual Houghton Fall Fest at the Houghton Waterfront Pier.

Participants are encouraged to wear creative and vibrant outfits with a special emphasis on plaid attire to coincide with Plaidurday, the worldwide celebration of plaid. Previous racers recommend wearing all white to show off the vibrant colors absorbed along the way. As participants move through the scenic course, they will be showered head to toe with colorful paints and powders. 

The race will conclude at the downtown Houghton Fall Fest, located at the Houghton Waterfront Pier. The festival will feature a wide variety of food vendors, live music, and exciting fall-themed activities. It is known to be a lively and enjoyable event for attendees of all ages, combining physical activity with the vibrant energy and scenic beauty of the fall season in the Keweenaw Peninsula.

In addition to the run, the event offers various volunteer opportunities for those looking to get involved in the local community. Interested volunteers can sign up through the Give Pulse platform, with numerous time slots available for the morning of the race, making it easy for everyone to contribute.

Whether you are running, walking, or volunteering, the Keweenaw Color Run is a great way to engage with the local community and experience the fall spirit in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Gather your friends, family, or co-workers, and get ready for a fun-filled day of color, music, and festive activities.