Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

USG meeting, Sep. 4

This past Wednesday the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) had their weekly meeting. The meeting kicked off with guest speaker Robert Bishop, Assistant Dean of Academic Conduct, who presented the Academic Integrity Rating System (AIRS) final report. The goal of the AIRS committee “was to assess the state of academic integrity institutionalization on Michigan Tech’s campus according to the AIRS rubric, and to share this assessment with and gather input from the campus community,” according to Bishop. His main talking point was aimed toward moving academic integrity as a whole towards a more positive light by potentially celebrating students who uphold academic integrity. 

The events committee held discussions over the Body Barn space allocations. The Body Barn is a storage facility for Registered Student Organizations (RSO) to keep their gear. USG is hosting a presidential debate watch party on Sep. 10 in Fisher 139 at 9 p.m. 

In unfinished business, a proposition to allocate $1,000 for the Practical Pistol Club to attend a shooting competition in Hillsdale was discussed and voted on. The proposition was passed 16-0-1. Inside the USG itself, Gabriela Bonfil was voted in as the new judiciary member.  

If you are interested in attending USG meetings, they are held weekly in the Alumni Lounge of the Memorial Union Building from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays. For more information visit the USG website at https://www.usgatmtu.mtu.edu/.