Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Local bands rock at the Rosza at Slim Jams Concert

On Aug. 31. MTU’s Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts welcomed four local bands to its stage: Bouquet, Drywall Headache, Willowby, and Prince’s Point. Each band played a variety of original songs and covers throughout their respective 40-minute sets. 

The concert boasted a variety of different genres with the goal of having something for everyone. Harrison, who’s been playing with Bouquet for five years,  gave insight into what the concert was like from the performer’s perspective, saying, “I am in it for the joy… I focus on the music and not really anything else. The minute you try to play for other people is the minute you are not at your best, so I just try to act like it is just me and my buddies up there.” 

Due to the inclement weather, the technical crew for the evening, MTU’s own Sound and Lighting Services, were charged with pivoting and setting up the intricate  light displays indoors at the Rozsa instead of the intended location, Walker lawn. “It’s always difficult when we have to move inside, we want to get that exposure especially to people in the dorms, but given the weather we are happy with the turn out,” said MUB board member Genevie about the weather’s impact. Speaking on future events, Genevie continued,  “We have a committee dedicated to music and variety so we try to get as many concerts as we can… later this semester we are hopeful to get a comedian.”

Despite the change in location, the hard work and adaptability of the technical crew and performing groups allowed for an electric show.