Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Can your team “outplay, outsmart, and outcompete” the competition at Homecoming?

One of the annual fall traditions at Michigan Tech is Homecoming, a week of activities and sporting events celebrating what it means to be a Husky. Registration is now open for teams wanting to participate in the activities. Registration can be completed through the Involvement Link. Registration will be open until Sep. 18 at 11:59 p.m. Any group of students can register, but SLI recommends you check the rulebook found in the registration form for specific numbers required for each event.

Events start on Sep. 29 and conclude with a trio of sporting events on Oct. 6. This includes football against Wayne State, volleyball versus Saginaw Valley State, and the exhibition hockey game against Northern.

This year’s events include old favorites such as cardboard boat racing and chalk art to newer events including Minute to Win It and, new this year, Lip Sync Battle at the Rozsa. Less common songs will be utilized for the song material. Participants are encouraged to use creativity and costuming for the submissions. “It will be a fun and entertaining night of music,” says Amy Hjerstedt, Coordinator for Student Leadership and Involvement.

The full homecoming schedule and rulebook can be found on the homecoming webpage at www.mtu.edu/student-leadership/traditions/homecoming/.