Published Weekly on Tuesdays
Office Located in Walker 105

Construction Updates

Construction projects are a staple of the Midwest, and Houghton is no exception. There are several projects underway around Michigan Tech’s campus, including the East Hall residence hall, McNair Dining Hall, a new elevator in the Dow, and updates to Daniell Heights. 

The largest construction project on campus, East Hall, is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2025. This upperclassmen residence hall will be home to over 500 students, with multiple different room layouts available. Similar to the other residence halls on campus, East Hall will contain free laundry service, communal kitchens on each floor, and multiple hangout/study areas scattered throughout. However, some unique new features that the building will have include a bathroom in each living space, along with a music studio and a gaming room.

For those returning to campus, the McNair Dining Hall has undergone some drastic changes. The dining hall has all-new flooring, lighting fixtures, dining furniture, and aesthetic features. 

To increase accessibility, there is a new elevator being installed in the Dow. Set to be completed in August, the new addition is accessible inside the Portage side of the building. The elevator is not finished yet, but appears to be close to completion.

Construction on the 1800 block of Daniell Heights is coming to an end as well, to be completed in August. These renovations include underground utilities, sidewalks, paving, new lighting, and landscaping following previous indoor renovations in 2019. 

While there are a few other projects scattered throughout campus, East Hall, McNair Dining Hall, Dow elevator, and Daniell Heights updates are the larger construction projects at Michigan Tech this fall.