MTU to host spring semester involvement fair

Most Michigan Tech students are familiar with K-Day — a beloved Tech tradition that includes an early weekend (no classes after 12 p.m.), an afternoon in the beautiful outdoors of the Keweenaw, and a campus-wide activity fair. K-Day is hosted every September, which is great for organizations that want to recruit new members during the fall semester. This is also great for students who wish to join new groups — but what about those that wish to join or recruit during the spring semester? 

Well, fear not, as Michigan Tech has started a great new tradition: the Fireside Fair! This new spring involvement fair will take place for the first time this Thursday, Jan. 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. virtually on Involvement Link. The Fireside Fair is a great opportunity for students to connect with different groups on campus that they might have not otherwise known existed. While most events are not happening in-person this semester, many groups have adapted to our virtual reality by hosting events and meetings online, just as this spring semester involvement link will be.

Joining a student organization is a great way to make the most of your time at Michigan Tech. Make new friends, get involved in the MTU community, forge important connections and have a great time while doing all of these things. Not to mention, having a well-rounded college experience through participation in different groups, events and extracurriculars looks great to potential employers and on a resume! 

To attend this virtual event, head on over to Involvement Link and find the Fireside Involvement Fair event listing. In addition to maybe finding the student org of your dreams, you can sign up through this link to enter to win a great prize from Student Leadership and Involvement. Student organizations set to make a virtual appearance at the Fireside Fair include MUB Board, many Greek life groups, the Society of Women Engineers, and the Lode itself — yes, we are looking for new members! 

Once again, the first-ever Fireside Fair will take place Thursday, Jan. 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. on Involvement Link. For those of you that are considering stopping by, we hope to see you there!