These five local eateries are sure to grab a pizza your heart

Nothing quite warms the soul on a chilly fall evening like a hot slice of cheesy, greasy, delectable pizza. Well, okay — maybe coffee or hot chocolate, or, sure, festive apple cider, but if you’re looking for something to eat, nothing ever hits the spot quite like some pizza. Luckily enough for us, there are so many great places in the Keweenaw to grab a slice, from nationwide chains to hometown classics. To help narrow it down, I’ve composed a list of my personal favorites. 

The Ambassador – Houghton

No trip to Houghton is quite complete without a stop at the Ambassador. Their specialty pizzas, like their Lobster or Tostada Pizzas, never miss, and they also offer more generic pizza options for those not so adventurous. For the 21+ crowd, their fish bowl beverages and Keweenaw Brewing Company taps are also a hit. They also have a Take and Bake option, if you’re wanting to enjoy their pizza from home. They are currently open for limited dining, and are always accepting takeout orders. Check out the Ambassador on Shelden Avenue in downtown Houghton.

Pizza Works – Houghton & Calumet

Pizza Works offers great build-your-own pizza options along with some specialty pies, like Chicken Fajita and Mediterranean. Their dough is made fresh daily, and they pride themselves on using fresh ingredients. They also offer a loyalty card service, where you can collect cards with each of your purchases and use them towards a discount. Visit their Houghton location on Shelden Avenue, or stop by in Calumet on 5th Street. 

Studio Pizza – Hancock

Studio Pizza in Hancock offers Chicago-style deep dish pizza right here in the Copper Country. Whether you build-your-own or choose from their specialty selections (like the Chicken Cordon Bleu or Pulled Pork Barbecue), you’ll be happy with your decision! In addition to their pizzas, they also make mouthwatering calzones that are sure to leave you stuffed. Find them in downtown Hancock on Quincy Street.

Milly’s – Hancock

Milly’s in Hancock is known for their homemade pizzas and sub sandwiches. They use many fresh, local ingredients and often incorporate these Copper Country harvests into their weekly specials. Their unique pizzas, such as the Greek-style Peta-zza or the Meatball, are as fun to eat as they probably were to name. Stop by for takeout at their location in downtown Hancock on Quincy Street. 

Jim’s Pizza – Calumet

Jim’s Pizza in Calumet is a hometown eatery if there ever was one! The small town atmosphere and delicious food are sure to make you feel warm and cozy. While pizzas are their specialty, they pride themselves on their selection of burgers, wraps and sandwiches too. They offer something for all, from their Vegetarian to their Meat Eater specialty pizzas, and are well worth the drive from the Portage Lake area. Stop by the restaurant on 6th Street in Calumet.