The Nice List

A tribute to warm Yooper culture

I wanted to thank you guys for being there for me while I went through a variety of personal troubles that could have really derailed my life.

You guys have inspired me every day with your positive outlooks for life even when things are going horribly wrong. You help me to see past the present situation and towards brighter horizons.

Thank you for reminding me who I am and what I love in life. Thank you for playing silly online games with me so that we have something lighthearted to talk about when exams and projects are bogging us down.

Thank you for encouraging me to polish my skills and lifting me up when I don’t think too much of myself. Thank you for caring for me and driving out to the middle of nowhere just to spend time with me. I’ve looked a long time to have friends like you two.

Thank you for being such good friends.

Love,

Anonymous

Introducing The Nice List, a place for the editors, copy editors, students or denizens of Houghton-Hancock to thank or acknowledge someone or an organization who made their day, week, or experience in life a little bit better or a little easier. We want to give the community a chance to put something kind in the paper as a thank you to all those people who make life nicer. If you would like to participate in this column, please send your submission to
lodesubmit@mtu.edu.