But what is there to do after break ends?

While spring break on the horizon makes it difficult to think about much else besides sleep and travel, there are things that are going on the week after we get back which are more than worth keeping in mind while you’re on your much-needed vacation.

The Green Film Series is a series of movies regarding climate change, environmental issues as well as other discussions of the ways these things affect people and cultures. The films range from 80 to 44 minutes in length with coffee, dessert and discussion provided.

On March 20 and 26 the movie shown is Marathon for Justice which explores the ways people of color have been exposed to toxic chemicals in the air, land and water far more than other people. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about communities around the country who have experienced the detrimental effects of pollution and degradation of their lands as well as how these communities are trying to fix these things.

The film will be shown at 7 p.m. on both days and there will be an opportunity to see other films on the third Wednesday of each month through May. To see the film line-up, please visit https://blogs.mtu.edu/cseo/2019/01/10/green-film-series-carbon-nation/.

Also following spring break, the MUB board is sponsoring a laser tag event in the SDC wood gym on March 23. The event will run from 6-10 p.m. and is hosted by Respawn Tactical Laser Tag, which is now permanently located in the Copper Country Mall.

Respawn has regularly provided interesting and exhilarating games for amateurs all the way up to avid players and normally games cost $20 per person or $15 per person for groups of 10 or more, but for this event, students will be able to participate for free. Sign-ups are at the door so be sure to bring your friends and come for a great game!

The Modern Language Film Series will also be back the week we return with Les Cowboys, a French film about a sixteen-year-old who elopes with her Muslim boyfriend and disappears, prompting Alain, the young girl’s father, and her brother to go on a journey to find her and bring her back. This film is rated R for a brief image of violence and a scene of drug use. The film will be shown on Thursday, March 21 at 7 p.m. in Walker 134. This event is free for all.

Saturday, March 23 will feature a spectacle called AIR PLAY. This is a circus-style show that features flying umbrellas, massive balloons and giant kites floating over the audience and takes the attendees to a magical land, transforming our everyday surroundings into something amazing. This show will be in the Rozsa Center and begins at 7:30 p.m. This event is $16 for adults, $6 for youth and free for students with the Experience Tech fee.

*Note: This story ran March 7