Stuff-a-Husky returns once again

Are you looking for something to do to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Do you need a last-minute gift for your sweetheart? Or, maybe you’re looking for a way to treat yourself during the upcoming holiday? If you answered yes to any of these three questions, then the MUB Board is hosting the perfect event for you!

Stuff-a-Husky is a fan favorite that is coming back for the sixth year in a row and is set up similarly to stores like Build-a-Bear Workshop, where you select your animal and then bring it to a machine to stuff it. After this, the toy is stitched up, and you walk away with a free stuffed animal!

There is a small difference between Build-a-Bear and Stuff-a-Husky however because rather than a machine, attendees are handed a bag of filling so that they can take their animal and stuff it themselves and then the animal is tied off and velcroed together so that the stuffing doesn’t come out.

There will be several types of animals available to stuff, including a husky which is really the star of the show and a returning favorite! They tend to include animals like bears, moose and leopards. Last year they even included a sloth!

There will be enough animals available for 500 people to participate, so resources are limited. You should also be prepared to wait upwards of 30 minutes in line, as the event is extremely popular. Since it’s so popular, you know it will be fun!

It’s a great way to treat yourself for Valentine’s Day or make a special gift for someone while hanging out with friends and celebrating the husky spirit.

If you can’t make it to the event, though, the MUB Board cannot hold supplies. The toys will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis, so get there while you can, and each person can only make one toy.
For an idea of what you should expect, last year they ordered 504 animals and sold out within 20 minutes. An hour before the event was set to begin the line wrapped around the MUB to the third floor. It is recommended by past attendees that you show up around 30-40 minutes early so that you can guarantee a place in line that will get you a stuffed friend. The earlier the better though so that you can have your choice of pets!

Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m., the MUB Board is hosting their annual Stuff-a-Husky event in the MUB Commons. This event is free to MTU students, and students are asked to bring their Husky Cards to participate. The staff cannot provide you with the supplies if you do not have your card.

The Stuff-a-Husky event is a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day for free while staying on campus. Be sure to bring something to do and maybe a friend as well.

This event is perfect for people going alone but it’s always better to bring company. For additional information on the event, contact the MUB Board at mubboard@mtu.edu, or find one of the advertisements located around campus.