Comedian Stephen Agyei to perform at Michigan Tech

The winter nights might be cold, but the Keweenaw knows that the best thing to do when it’s too cold to go outside (let’s be real though, is it ever too cold?) is to laugh (and drink). Stephen Agyei is from Colorado and got into comedy in college. He has opened for comics like Roseanne Barr and Dave Chappelle. He has made a name for himself in Colorado as the whitest teeth in Denver.

Agyei combines his life growing up in America with the antics of his African relatives to create a concise and hilarious experience fit for everyone. His commentary on daily life is relatable, and he covers strategically interesting topics so that there’s a little something to laugh at for everyone in the audience.

Agyei has participated in comedy festivals in Los Angeles in 2017, the Limestone Comedy Festival in 2016, the Great American Comedy Festival in 2012 and was a winner of the 2012 Comedy Works’ Clean Comedy Contest. He has toured in South Korea and made himself known to national audiences after his TV debut on VICELAND’s Flophouse in 2016.

This weekend Stephen Agyei will be performing for the Michigan Tech community on Friday, Jan. 25 from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. The event is free for everyone, paid for by the Student Activity Fee. The comedy show will be located in the MUB Ballroom.