Home for the Holidays gift mart

Halloween is gone, soon Thanksgiving will be over too, and after Thanksgiving there will be only four weeks until Christmas. These holidays are full of family, love, good food, and plenty of giving. If you’re anything like me, the idea of coming up with gifts for everyone in your family or your close friends is terrifying and overwhelming. It can be a real hassle to try and find the perfect gift for someone you care a lot about, especially if you’ve known them for a while.

The holidays have a tendency to sneak up on us, despite their consistent return year after year. If you also find yourself scrambling all of a sudden to find something for your mother or that perfect gift for your friend who has it all, fear not! The Home for the Holidays gift mart is coming back for another round at the Rozsa Center!

This yearly show is a must-see for holiday gift shoppers and lovers of crafts. Artists and crafters bring their wares to the mart which allows for exposure to the general public. Fine wares like seasonal decor, handmade jewelry, pottery, candles, soap, baked goods, jams and jellies and maple syrup will be available for eager shoppers to purchase and enjoy.

If you live in the UP or if you plan to stay up north over the holidays this will be a wonderful opportunity to see some of the talents and support local artists — not to mention the beautiful gifts that are just begging to be bought for those hard-to-find gift recipients.

Craft shows are a really interesting thing to spend your time if you have a free afternoon. Wandering from booth to booth and catching all the sights and smells can bring your heart into that perfect state of Christmas cheer. It might seem a little early for Christmas shopping right now, but after Thanksgiving passes and Black Friday starts up everyone will be chomping at the bit to buy gifts for their loved ones. This is one really good way to ensure that your loved ones will receive unique and beautiful gifts that will be unlike anything else that anyone else is receiving.

Artists pour so much of their time and passion into their art and it makes for a heartfelt and genuine gift which will always rank way better than a store-bought present or a gift card.
This show is the 21st annual shopping opportunity and will take place in the Rozsa on Saturday, Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Stop by and be prepared to see some amazing arts and crafts.